The Learning Curve

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Rain Doesn't Stop Play

Emerging from the tube station, I was greeted by black clouds and the rumbling of distant thunder which I believe was karma, my punishment if you like, as I should have met Rimmer earlier in the week to film at this spot but I spent the afternoon sitting at South Bank instead.

All was well for a short time but then the heavens opened and down came the proverbial cats and dogs. We waited it out as the day was so warm that we thought if the rain stopped fairly quickly then it might dry up quickly too, but it soon became obvious that it simply was not going to happen. The rain did indeed stop, but the spot was absolutely soaked, with puddles everywhere, but as Rimmer was skating an old set-up, he thought "why not give it a go anyway?". Several slippery attempts made me doubt that he would make it. I was proved wrong though and he landed his trick despite the puddles and lack of grip. Nice one mate.
 
Website Counter